Monday, March 22, 2010

Catching Up

Hey everyone! I'm sorry it's been a while since I posted anything. It's been a crazy week! I'll try to just catch you up a little on what's going on in my life right now.

I was supposed to go backpacking in the Drakensberg mountains with the rest of the nursing group last Wednesday and Thursday, but I got sick and had to stay behind at the base camp. I've been recovering since then, and finally today is the first day that I've felt comepletely normal again. : )

This was me trying to decide if I felt good enough to go on the hike. A few minutes later, I was certain that I couldn't do it.

Things are wrapping up here in Pietermaritzburg right now, and it's making me really sad. Where did the time go? I can't believe that we've already been in South Africa for two whole months now! I'm not ready to move on to Cape Town yet. AE feels like home, and I'm not ready to leave it behind. It's going to be really sad to start thinking about moving on. At least we still have 3 weeks left here to enjoy it!

This is the last week of nursing classes, which is exciting. We have a lot of assignments and projects piling up that we'll need to work hard on for the next several days, though. I'm only 4 pages into my 15-page senior sem paper, and it's due in 2 weeks. I'm starting to get nervous about it now. Please pray that we'll stay focused and not feel too overwhelmed!

I've also been kind of homesick lately. I think it's because I was feeling sick, and so all I wanted was to be in my own home. I'm past that now, but I've still been thinking about home a little more than usual the past few days. Looking at pictures makes me feel better though. It's hard to balance thinking about home and at the same time trying to live in the moment and enjoy every second that I have in South Africa.

I am still very glad to be here and I'm having so much fun with the new friends that I've made here. We've become a family of 57, and I'm so thankful for the group that God put together for me to share this experience with!

Word of the Day: "Ngiphuma eMelika" (ghee-poo-ma e-mel-ee-ka) means "I'm from America"

No comments:

Post a Comment