Sunday, May 2, 2010

Shark Cage Diving!!!

I'm sorry it's been so long since I posted anything. It's been really busy since we got to Cape Town. I did a homestay with one other student for the last week in a township called Ocean View. The family we stayed with was wonderful, and it was really hard to say good-bye to them today.

Also, yesterday I went shark cage diving!!! I went with 7 other students to Gans Baai, which just so happens to be the great white shark capital of the world! It was such an incredible experience! I wasn't scared at all! We saw about 6 sharks total, and the biggest one was 15 feet long!

We leave for home on Wednesday. I seriously can't believe my time here is almost over. It's really bittersweet. I'm going to be sad to leave this amazing country, but I'm very excited to see all of you wonderful people very soon!

Phrase of the Day: "hoe gaan dit?" (oo ghan dit) means "how are you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment